03 September 2006

Zoo

Sam had a few days off last week and we spent one morning at the Hogle Zoo. I love the Hogle Zoo because the animals aren't in these huge "habitats" where you can't even see them. Instead they're just right up close to you, in cages. Although there are several renovations to the zoo (I noticed, particularly, the new elephant area and the big cat areas) that have made it nicer for the animals. It's not that I want the animals to be uncomfortable, it's just that I like to be able to see them!

Anyway, we had a great time. It's sort of hard to get any good pictures at the zoo, for one reason or another (animals too small, behind windows, too fast, etc.), but here are a few we took.

I don't know if you can tell, but this elephant is spraying water on herself to cool off. I'd never seen one actually doing that before.



There was a baby orangutan at the zoo that Sebby really liked. The orangutan liked Sebby, too--in fact, he came right up to the glass and made faces at us. Sebastian just made monkey noises right back at him.

No comments: