03 September 2006

Monkeying around

Abraham and Sebastian engaging in some Monkey Business through the stairway railing


Speaking of monkeys, did I mention that Sebastian's monkey was lost for a few days? He turned out to be in our church bag, but while he was gone, it was very sad. I knew Sebby wanted him. I could just tell. For example, one night I gave Sebby his elephant to sleep with (he always sleeps with his elephant and his monkey) and he started signing "where? where?" I knew he was wondering where his monkey was. And another time we were reading a book with a monkey in it, and he signed "where? where?" again. And made monkey noises. So it was a very happy day when we found the monkey again. Sebby got this huge smile on his face, and grabbed his monkey and hugged him, and bit him on the tummy, and made monkey noises. We were so happy to be a complete family again! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found the monkey! I'm always finding things (books and such) that I have left in my church bag. Sebastian sure looks older now that he is a real biped. Your SLC adventures sound fun! Is that the park downtown that has the aviary in it too? I like that park.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found the monkey! I'm always finding things (books and such) that I have left in my church bag. Sebastian sure looks older now that he is a real biped. Your SLC adventures sound fun! Is that the park downtown that has the aviary in it too? I like that park.

Allison

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about that first post. I forgot that it would say anonymous, and I thought that would be kind of spooky if I left it that way.

Marilyn said...

I like you, Anonymous! Yep, the Tracy Aviary is there too. Did you ever try the pizza? (I suppose I could send you a real email instead of doing this in the comments, now that I think of it.)

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried the pizza yet, though I did pick up the recipe book from the library the other day. There are a lot of great recipes in there! Did you know that he does a triple rise for the dough? And, of course, he cooks it on a stone. I am waiting until we get the freezer we found on craigslist. Rob told us that the fish we caught wouldn't last 3 months in a defrosting freezer, and we were lucky enough to find a great deal on a manual-defrost freezer. I think it will be useful to have for my cooking style anyway. Have you ever used craigslist before? This was our first time and I was surprised by the number of entries for just what we needed. I just always worry that a used appliance will break right after you buy it. But that's silly, since _all_ the appliances we have now were used (by the last homeowner) and are just fine.

Allison