19 September 2006

Eagles


The subdivision we live in is called "Eagles View" (I can't remember where the apostrophe is, if any)--according to a gate which arches over the street nearby; I've never heard it referred to anywhere else--and I thought it was just one of those meaningless names like "Canyon Meadowes" or "Forest Vista", but for a long time I've been noticing these beautiful eagles circling overhead. They are huge. Even when they're waaaay overhead, their wingspan looks just enormous. I'm not sure what kind they are. Once I thought I saw a white head on one, and in these pictures they look kind of golden. But it is really fun to see them. I don't know if I always see the same ones, but it's usually two at a time, and they seem to be enjoying themselves, riding the wind currents and surveying their domain.

No comments: