27 July 2006

Recipe of the Week--Peanut Butter Ice Cream

I've found so many good recipes in the past several months that I thought I'd start posting some. Maybe not actually weekly, but occasionally. I'll start with the Peanut Butter Ice Cream I made for the party. I don't know if you are peanut butter lovers, but give it a chance--it's very tasty!

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

4 cups half-and-half
3 cups milk
*(I used 2 c. regular cream and 5 c. milk.)
3 cups non-fat dry milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Pour the half-and-half, dry milk, and milk into a large saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring, until dry milk dissolves. Stir in peanut butter and sugar until smooth and sugar has dissolved. (I used the immersion blender at this point to make it totally smooth, or you could use a regular blender.) Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate until cool. Stir, or blend again, and pour into ice cream maker. Freeze as usual.

No comments: