27 July 2006

Pioneer Day




These pictures should bring back fond memories for most of you. We never miss the 1st ward's Annual Pioneer Parade and Ice Cream Party! Abraham and Sebastian had fun walking with Grandma Nelson in the parade, and we all enjoyed the ice cream, except Sebastian--not that he wouldn't have enjoyed it--but he isn't old enough to eat dairy products yet. He made up for it, though, by eating the first (and second, and third) cookie of his young life. I was waiting till he was 1 for that, too, but then . . . he looked so excited when he saw them . . . so, I figured he could be a few weeks early. After I handed him one (oatmeal, if you're curious), he set to with great vim and vitality, pausing only to smile at me in an knowing sort of way, like he was thinking, "Aha, I had a suspicion this would be good--and it is!!"

We counted 25 (or more--I may have missed a few) different kinds of homemade ice cream there, of which I thought ours and Mom's were the best, although Sister Hickman's strawberry, and Theresa's peppermint, were also notable. :-) We made peanut butter ice cream, and Mom made lime. Mmmm, yummy!

1 comment:

Sam Nielson said...

I wish I'd thought to take pictures of all the different ice creams. Then I could remember eating all of them whenever I want!