08 March 2012

Contrasts

I know March is supposed to be a month of contrasts, but this one seemed particularly striking:
1:00 p.m.

10 p.m.

I won't complain, since it seems like last year March was all cold. I love the mild winter we've been having! I think we've been able to have at least one picnic in every month since last summer. Hooray!

This one was a nice picnic, even though a little mouse bit into our cheese (through the wrapper) when my back was turned:
She then examined each little dried leaf and bark chip with great concentration.

Hmm. Very interesting.

And then she departed to explore the big wide world, leaving a trail of leaves and twigs behind her

like a little snail.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, she is so cute! I love how dainty and petite she is!

Melissa said...

I love that snail photo. I just love it.