03 October 2011

Squaw Peak

We drove up to the Squaw Peak overlook to see the leaves on our way down to the football game last week.

While we were there, we got to watch two hang gliders launching off, as well as . . . whatever this winged thing is (paraglider?).  It was really cool.  The hang gliders were caught up in the wind so smoothly, it didn't even look scary.
Naturally, everyone spent the rest of the time pretending to be hang gliders (no one actually launched himself or herself off the mountainside, luckily)

Later, we saw them waaaay up above us, like tiny birds

This was shortly after I told Junie to "go on ahead"

A lot of cute people (by the way, Abe's Honey Bear shirt "counts as his BYU shirt", he says, because he loves it so much).  Last time we went here, there were a few fewer.
I was there too

2 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

Wow! That must have been so fun to watch them launch and get smaller and smaller. Beautiful leaves! I miss the drives and hikes we used to take up there at this time of year.

Chelsea said...

I LOVE YOUR BOOTS! I also love that Abe's shirt "counts". And I love how beautiful you look.

I am terrified of hang gliding because (aside from my total fear of heights above 4 feet) I have no idea how they manage to GET DOWN. I've only seen them go higher and higher and, frankly, that's a recurring nightmare of mine. (Honestly.)