13 October 2011

Silver Lake

Last week we had a few glorious days before the cold and rain hit.  I'd heard weather reports so I was feeling urgent about getting back up the canyon while the leaves were still at their prettiest.  So, one day the kids and I (minus Sam, who was teaching his class) went up to walk around Silver Lake at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  The colors were amazing.  So amazing, in fact, that we returned five days later (after the snow had come) with Sam to see if they were still as good.  They weren't, of course (which made me extra glad we hadn't missed them earlier) but the mountains are beautiful anyway. It is a lovely walk around the lake (boardwalk and easy trail) and we hope to return again next year!  I'll include a few pictures from both of our trips, the warm and the cold.


Before and after.  Not much change in this sweet girl's sunny mood, but her head was better bundled the second time. :)

Before
After (brrr!)

My faithful helper

This was on the second trip--see the snow on the mountainside--but what a lovely mirror lake!

No comments: