25 January 2010

Polar bears

note footprints in snow (Abe's idea)
Abe had to make a model of an arctic animal for his first-grade class.  We made a polar bear out of things we had on hand (thus, fwuffballs and a toilet paper tube).  Isn't it cute?  Abe could hardly bear (ha!) to part with it when it was time to turn it in.

Of course the other boys wouldn't be satisfied until they had made a bear too.

We were mostly out of white fwuffballs at that point.
"How will we know he's a polar bear if he's not white?" said Sebby (skeptically).  "Because he IS one,"  I said.  "A rainbow polar bear.  We'll just know."

And we do.

4 comments:

Sam Nielson said...

Those legs are sort of spidery, which makes the bears a little disturbing. Not that they weren't already a little disturbing with their multi-colored hides.

Allison Nelson said...

I like the bear tracks.

K said...

Oh, gracious air - you guys are running THREE BLOGS??? ARE YOU NUTS?? How would you have TIME to get depressed in the winter?

jess and seth said...

I love your reasoning. And I'm sorry I haven't been on here in completely ages, because I miss your quick wit, my dear.