23 May 2011

Tithing's over in Asia

"Squeeze my cheeks and I'll give you a kiss!"

So sweet to his sisters!

This boy has never been one to avoid using a word just because he doesn't know what it is or what it means.  My favorite thing is to hear him singing (at the top of his lungs) various songs he's overheard, as he interprets them.  (And he hears LOTS of songs around here, especially since Abe joined the Utah Children's Choir last year.)  Here are some of his (mis)interpretations:
"Nova, Nova, Tidings of Salvation"="Nova, Nova, tithing's over in Asia"
"As I sat on a sunny bank"="A slice was on a Johnny-bank"
"Won't we look purty in the ballroom"="Won't you put birdie in the ballroom"
Lettuce wraps="soda scraps"

My other favorite thing he's said lately?  The following:
Ky: (crying) I got hurt on my tail!
Me: Your tail?
Ky: (crying harder) Yes, and I don't even HAVE a tail!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahahahahahah. Hahahahah.

Wonderful.

jess and seth said...

Ky, I just love your tail that you don't even have!

And I love his made-up words to songs. There was a song played at all of our high school dances that said, "Girl, I love you so . . . please don't go," and my friend and I were convinced it said, "Freeze the boat"--until we sang that at a HS dance . . .

Also, concerning the song "Lord Dismiss Us With Thy Blessing": My mom thought the part where it says, "Oh refresh us, oh refresh us," said, "Oh, refreshments, oh refreshments" and was sorely disappointed when there weren't any after church.

jess and seth said...

Oh yes, and my husband quite egotistically thought "Give said the little stream" was actually "Give Seth a little string."

It appears I have much to say upon this subject.