18 October 2010

Habihat for Humanity

I let them choose their own colors of hats again this year.  Abe and Seb were enticed by variegated yarns.  I do always like seeing how the variegated yarn comes out in the finished work (although, Sam and I both noted that as kids we were bothered by it, since the colors were always in the "wrong order" when they emerged.)

 I like Abe's eyes

 This is one of those shots that, if I saw it in a movie, I'd be yelling "Aaa!  Too close!  Too close!  Personal space!"  But as he's my own darling boy, I don't mind (in fact, I don't usually notice those cute freckles on his nose; how sweet!).


I like his eyes too.  Although I don't know what he's doing here.

He wanted me to add a "birdie tuft" on his hat so he could be "just like birdie."  "But my nose is my beak," he added.

This hat was specially invented and engineered for a baby who does NOT TOLERATE HATS (except as hilarious jokes, to be promptly removed and laughed at).  She tried to get this one off for awhile, but finally had to give it up as hopeless.  Success!!

I feel like I should say something about this expression. 
But . . . there are no words.

Cutest bunny ever

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

Marilyn, you never cease to amaze me. These hats are so cute! You've inspired my girls to crochet.

Chelsea said...

I am bowled over by the fact that you managed to CROCHET HATS that MATCH YOUR KIDS' PERSONALITIES. Frankly my kids just have to wear any old hat (usually adult-sized) that I can find.

You make me look shameless and yet somehow I don't mind.