30 August 2010

Sebby goes to school

Sebby went off to kindergarten today.  He's been waiting so long!  Ever since Abe started school, Sebby has asked me when he'll be able to go to school too.  I thought I was totally prepared for it, but I admit I shed a few tears (after he was out of sight, of course).  I watched him through the classroom window as he put away his backpack, detoured to investigate something under the teacher's desk and peer into one of the electrical outlets, and then began to search vainly for his own desk.  (He was confused because when we went in for his meeting last week, _I_ sat in his desk and he sat in a different one.)  After a while he went up to his teacher, slipped his little hand in hers, and told her something, to which she replied, "Wow!  Good for you!"  Then I think he asked her where his desk was, because she led him to it.  And finally, when he was all settled in, he looked back to see if I was still watching.  I was.  And he smiled and waved excitedly with both hands and blew me some kisses.  And then I left him to it.  My sweet Sebby.  I miss him!
Monkey backpack he got for his birthday

2 comments:

Ginna said...

He is so adorable. He looks ready.
I do hate leaving them at school. It breaks my heart a little bit every time. :(

jess and seth said...

It's so hard to let them start school--and almost harder when they're ok with it and don't seem to miss you . . .