07 December 2009

Snowflakes


Yesterday we made snowflakes (one of my favorite wintertime activities). Of course we make the true 6-sided kind (my Dad always insisted on this when I was little)!  After we had been working for awhile, someone had the idea of making pictures in the snowflakes and then we really went to town. :)


Sebby's snowflake


One of Abe's snowflakes




Two more of Abe's---rocket ships and Y's


Double-headed duck


Maze


Rings


Sam says this is a snowflake that a robot would make (technically well-executed, but with no soul)


Christmas trees/poinsettia/star


Bunnies


Daisy


Art Deco/Empire State Building

6 comments:

Beth said...

Inspiring! It makes me think I could make something to the same caliber. But then I remember that I've never made anything that looked remotely like that, so my dreams are already burned to the ground.

Liz said...

Thanks for the inspiration! They look awesome!

superguy said...

I can't believe you did that to Daisy, how horrible. :D

Bryony said...

You guys are amazing! I don't think I've ever in my life made a snowflake like that. It was all just snip here, trim there, etc.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jen said...

The bunnies and the rings are my favorite! these are awesome- those kids have artistic genes!

Katy Froyd said...

I always tried to make cool snowflakes growing up, but Sam's always put mine to shame. Do you ever feel like that?