16 March 2009

Art

Malachi did this the other day. (My fault--I fell asleep while he was playing and he got colored pencils out of Sam's backback and decorated this wall.) I took a picture of it before I cleaned it off, because frankly, I was quite impressed.

Because he really worked on this. Look at it! It's not just a few scribbles to see what would happen. It's not deliberate destruction. It's construction. There are two different colors present. And lots of layers. I could tell it took him a lot of time and effort. (I slept for over an hour without hearing a peep from him!) Cute little guy!

3 comments:

Allison Nelson said...

Very nice. But, I have to ask, what did you clean it off with (filing away for later...)? Is there some place I can go that will answer all those types of questions? How do I learn all that stuff? Another example: how do you get those white baseball pants clean (I have to wash the pair of the boy I am tending this week)? And, whose brilliant idea was it to make them white? I'm kind of glad Philip doesn't like baseball...I probably won't have to worry about those pants in the future. :)

Sam Nielson said...

Allison: These are "Col-erase" prismacolors, which are fairly easy to wash off. But I don't know the baseball pants answers.

Rachael Spencer said...

At least it wasn't ballpoint! What a budding artist! Maybe he'll help make a mural on your play room wall--unless you've already got one?
Allison--get a magic eraser--they are everywhere--they work wonders. But wear gloves when you use them. I will leave the laundry question to the pros.