02 November 2008

Halloween Costumes 2008

We had a Halloween Parade for Playgroup a couple days before Halloween, so we went outside and took lots of pictures afterwards. I was glad, because Halloween turned out to be a much grayer day. Although it was still really nice---we went trick or treating with no coats or anything, which is pretty rare, I think. The boys had a good time, and even remembered to say "trick or treat" AND "thank you" at most doors (progress from last year). One thing that makes me sad when we go trick or treating is how often the boys pick the yuckiest candy from the candy basket. Lots of people had great candy . . . caramels! whole candy bars! . . . and the boys would choose a tootsie pop or something instead. But, I guess as long as it makes them happy . . .
Anyway, the pictures turned out cute in spite of lots of ear-pulling and tail-pulling by various parties (see above)
My mom made their costumes (except Malachi's, which was one we got from eBay for Sebby a couple years ago). Abe was a cute bunny.


Sebby was a nice monkey.

Malachi just wanted to crawl around and eat things and try to grab his tail, rather than keep having his picture taken.
Sebby wanted to take some pictures too (I saw that he was pointing the camera in totally the wrong direction, so I had to quickly try and fall into the frame)


(what is Malachi pointing at?)
(Apparantly I was being really funny in my attempts to make Sebby smile)


Three very toothy animals. Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I honestly can't get enough of kids in Halloween costumes.

Ginna said...

oh my gosh they're all so cute. I like imagining Malachi chewing his tail. Hilarious.

jess and seth said...

I fel the same way about the candy. It's all I can do to let them exercise their agency.

And you made those costumes, didn't you. They are SO CUTE!!!!!!

Jen said...

Judy did such an amazing job! They look so darling!

Beth said...

Man, your kids are beautiful!