13 October 2008

Now we are six

Sunday.

Abraham's Birthday. Just the way he liked it:

French toast with raspberries. Vanilla syrup (lots of it). Cocoa (for a cold day!).

His present: a carwash:


Lots of parts. Moveable, flappable, workable, re-arrangeable (on wooden dowels)



Dessert: volcano cakes


"Mommy, if you want to ask me what kind of cake I want next year, you can, but really you can just count on me wanting volcano cakes, because they're my favorite."

"I'll ask you anyway, in case you change your mind."

"All right, and I suppose that sometimes I might have something else, but often, I'll have volcano cakes."

Poof!

And . . . one more thing . . .


A new bike bell (purple for Abey---gold for Honey). Ding-ding!

Happy Birthday to our sweet SIX-year-old!!

3 comments:

Ginna said...

Wow, that car wash is super awesome. Very cool and creative. You're just the coolest Marilyn!

Beth said...

There's your solid evidence of being a good mom: giving your kid what he REALLY wanted for his birthday, despite social norms (where are the Transformer figurines?!? The Mario Bros. T-shirts and shoes along with the coveted video game?) I like the car wash A-LOT! I'll take one of the same for myself for Christmas. Thanks.
P.S. Abe looks just like Malachi in one of those pictures!

Melissa said...

That exchange about volcano cakes was truly awesome.