13 August 2008

Fwee at last!






Yes, Sebby turns three today! You might surmise from this series of pictures that he has gotten happier as he's gotten older. This might be true. However, I do have smiling pictures from previous birthdays, but the ones I chose just captured his suspicious expression so well that I couldn't resist.

He did say to me today, unprovoked by anything, "I love everything, Mommy! Even when it's nighttime, I still love everything!" I said I was glad he did, and what kinds of things did he love? He said, "Well, cars, and lifejackets, and everything!"

We love our little monkey-boy.

P.S. I saw a lady at church with a nice new monkey like Sebby's monkey in her baby's carseat. I turned around and held up Sebby's well-loved (floppy and dirty and ragged) monkey and said (in a voice of doom), "This is what you have to look forward to in a couple years." She seemed somewhat alarmed.

1 comment:

jess and seth said...

Happy B-day to Seb! What a cute little guy he is--I need him to come play with Jacob sometime. Tell him Jacob will wear his red shirt with the car on it from the bottom picture--he has the same one. You're training your kids well, by the way, with the washing machine for a present. That's very good thinking . . . *fingers drumming together*