09 June 2006

Baby Hammer


When Abey was a baby, my friend Rachael's boys called him "Baby Hammer." So I don't know why we didn't think of getting him a Baby Hammer, but don't worry--we didn't make that same mistake with Sebastian. The idea arose because Sebby's favorite toy in the whole world was a wooden mallet we had, but it was doing damage to things he banged on (toys, floors, my head, Abey's head). So finally, I bought him this plastic hammer, which theoretically will hurt things less. Anyway, he loves it. It's just the right size for his little hand, so he carries it around everywhere and bangs with it. Sometimes he hits himself in the head or the eye, and then he looks at you accusingly, but other than that he's just plain happy about it. The thing is, though---and this is what makes me wonder if it really was such a good idea (although he loves it so much, how can I resist him?)---he wants to bang on everything.



Yes, everything.

Beware the baby Hammer! Beware!

No comments: